Monday, November 18, 2013

Take one old pine tray…….

Do you have something at home that you are dying to get stuck into with some paint to update it a little?? I have been looking at this old orange coloured pine tray for a while with the idea of stencilling numbers onto it but it has taken me about 6 months to complete!! Last weekend was really hot so I cranked up the air conditioner and worked away until it was finished. I am really pleased with it now but I’m trying to decide if I will sand it a little and shabby it up. Not sure yet…
IMG_4232a
IMG_4231a
IMG_4230a
IMG_0388a
IMG_039a0
IMG_039a4
I have an old pine hall table which I am thinking of giving a similar makeover. Maybe I will paint French script letters on that instead. I just hope it doesn’t take another six months to get that finished!!
Suzy
 
I'm joining: 
                    http://betweennapsontheporch.net/
TreasureHuntThursday@FromMyFrontPorchToYours
TheInspirationGallery@CraftberryBush
CreativeThingThursday@TheVintageFarmhouse
HappyHourLinkyParty@CraftberryCottage

23 comments:

NanaDiana said...

That looks great. What a fun project. I think the French writing would be really sweet. xo Diana

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I love this idea, it is so perfect. You are so creative and clever. Thanks so much for linking ot Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

Kayla @ Home Coming said...

I absolutely love how this turned out. Great job! I'm hosting a pillow cover giveaway that you should enter. http://homecomingmn.blogspot.com/2013/11/michelle-dwight-designs-pillow-cover.html

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Your tray looks very nice and French script would be sensational; love it! Thanks for sharing.

Blessings,
Sandi

Candy S said...

The tray looks charming. What a great idea to bring new life to a tired old piece. I like the numbers but I could see sheet music with lyrics and notes as being very attractive too. Thank you for sharing.

Candy

Martha's Favorites said...

Your tray looks amazing. Can't wait to see the French table. Blessings, Martha

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

The tray turned out nice and French script seems to be popular for most anything lately.

Cranberry Morning said...

I LOVE the result! It looks fantastic. :-)

Diana said...

I love the look of your tray so much! Thanks for sharing--

Diana said...

I love the look and style of your tray! Thanks for sharing--

Pamela said...

What a great little project! Thanx for sharing at THT.

Crafts a la Mode said...

Beautiful! Love it. Best wishes to you, Linda

Art and Sand said...

You had me at numbers. What a great look!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

You've got my number. lol! I love numbers so this hit it out of the ball park for me. Love it! It took you a while because it was too hot. I have been repainting my bed for almost a month now. Some days I can't work on it out in the garage because it's too cold. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Laura @ duke manor farm said...

Oh I love the tray with the random numbers. how fun!

Kathy said...

Love this look Suzy! It turned out marvelously - and yes, I DO have these projects lingering around! Looking forward to seeing the table! I am delighted that you shared with Home and Garden Thursday,
Kathy

Unknown said...

Really liking this and plan on doing something similar with numbers and letter for the top of an old school teacher desk and paint the rest of it white.

Hugs, Lynnie

Crystelle Boutique said...

the numbers are simple FABULOUS!!!! What a terrific home decor tray!
When you get tired of it I'll take it for ya.... heeheehee...
:)
hugs x, Crystelle
Crystelle Boutique

fiona anderson said...

This is a great idea, and so effective, I'm going to have to pin it !

Mary said...

Hi, I love your awesome number tray! I featured you this week at Boogieboard Cottage. Blessings, Mary

vintagemovement said...

Fabulous revamp! I love this idea and will have to give it a go over the holidays - thanks for sharing :) Tina

Kathy said...

Great transformation Suzy! Lovely idea - I will be featuring your post in this week's Home and Garden Thursday
Kathy

The Charm of Home said...

That is fabulous!
Sherry