Monday, July 1, 2013

New bakers stand

I have been looking at this gorgeous wire plate rack at my sister’s shop for ages. I knew I wanted to put it somewhere in the beach house. My first thought was on the wall in the dining area but I found my fabulous clock which was just right for there. I finally decided to try it in the patio area and I LOVE it!!! First off I gave it a really good scrub as it had been around for a while (a bit like yours truly!!) then I laid it out in  the winter sun to dry.
IMG_0494a
IMG_0493a
IMG_0495a
The pool fence was a perfect drying spot!!
Next I attacked it with some spray paint. I just realised I don’t have photos of this which is probably lucky as I set up a ‘spray booth’ in the garage and started spraying away happily. What I didn’t realise was that I was so carried away with the spraying that I was changing direction and didn’t realise until I finished that I had sprayed the garage floor!!! Great fun scrubbing that late on Sunday afternoon when all I wanted to be doing was fluffing up my new shelf!! Anyway, finally I have it done. Well, nearly,…..I think I can add a little more colour to the top shelf. You will notice in some of the photos I was shifting things around and didn’t put them all back  correctly so I had to take a couple of quick shots this morning.
I think my new display shelf is just gorgeous!
IMG_0073a
IMG_0074a
IMG_0075a
IMG_0077a
IMG_0079a
IMG_0080a
IMG_0081a
IMG_0083a
IMG_0084a
IMG_0085a
IMG_0087a
I still need to find just the right things to display in the lower shelf. You can see I have tried a few different bits and pieces from around the house. Most of the cute black and white and red and white china was from Kmart for $2 per piece. What a bargain.

Suzy
I'm joining:
CreativeShareWednesday@TrendyTreehouse
HomeworkWednesday@The EverydayHome
WednesdayLinkyParty@AdornedFromAbove
MondayFunday@Uncommon

 

 
 

28 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Suzy- That is a really cute piece and it looks great painted black and all dressed up. What cute dishes, too! Happy week of the 4th to you- xo Diana

Sarah said...

Looks so cute painted black and holding all your wonderful dishes.

Unknown said...

Looks beautiful!

Snap said...

Wonderful piece and you had the perfect spot for it. Happy 4th!

Terri said...

I love the shabby white, but I adore it the way you painted it too! It looks perfect in that spot with all your pretty china on it. Well done!
Hugs,
Terri

Tea in Texas said...

Wonderful posting on creating this beautiful creating this beautiful display shelf. The china with the red stripes and black checks is the perfect combination of colors. Your outdoor setting is gorgeous!

Pam

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Now how cute is this and how fun to mix the two together. They make a super console. Love the vignette too. Thanks tons for joining Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Suzy,
I too love the shabby white but your red and whites really pop in the black! I'm glad you found the perfect spot for it.

Blessings,
Sandi

Art and Sand said...

Your shelf looks great painted and decorated. When you showed the before picture, I didn't realize that it was so long.

I did the same thing - spraying the garage floor by accident. Since mine serves as my creative space during the day and only houses the car at night, I left it and more color has been dripped and splattered over the years.

Martha's Favorites said...

I agree with you, this shelf looks beautiful. The color is perfect. You are one lucky lady. Everything looks wonderful. Blessings, Martha

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I love it in black and how your dishes pop up so beautifuly! Pretty vignette too! Have a happy Fourth coming up.
FABBY

Unknown said...

The shelf is so cute and I love that little white bird! Adorable :)

thepaintedapron.com said...

Very attractive, you will have great fun changing it out for seasons and different themes. Red & white china is cute!
Jenna

Christine @ Rustic-Refined said...

Gorgeous....love that it's interchangeable with all kinds of pretties for every season.

carol l mckenna said...

Very creative and love the black, red and white combo ~ Happy 4th to you. Carol

Latane Barton said...

I can see why you fell in love with that plate rack. And, you found the perfect place for it. Don't you just love it when that happens!!

Transformed Tuesday said...

Suzy, I just love it. What a difference paint can make. It always amazes me and never gets old. I love to paint! lol Thanks so much for entering Transformed Tuesday this week. Have a wonderful 4th.

Hugs,
Peggy~PJH Designs

Indrani said...

Very nice display. I like your passion.

Lulu said...

What a delightful transformation! Love the reds on the black shelf.

Life at Still Woods said...

Great idea! I really like the red and black...what I sue in my kitchen. Just stopping by to wish you a Happy 4th of July!
Blessings from Still Woods Farmhouse

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Suzy, it's perfect with that great table you hung it over. Makes them look like a set. Your bargain dishes look so pretty displayed in it. Well done! I'm pinning this. laurie

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Great shelf and it looks great black with all your pretty dishes...GREAT job!
Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
Blessings,
Cindy

One Shabby Old House said...

How fun! It's just perfect now!

{northern cottage} said...

looks sooo lovely in black - and so slimming too! tee hee! score!

♥ http://www.NorthernCottage.net

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Oh yes, it's a beauty! Love the new color with your wonderful dish display! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Kathy said...

Oh, I am just loving this wire rack! It looks so dramatic now! Beautifully done! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
Kathy

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Hi Suzy, popping in to let you know that I will be featuring you today.
hugs,
Jann

Beeutiful by Design said...

Wow what a great transformation I love especially with the dishes that are in it