Friday, May 31, 2013

Places I’ve Been

I’ve been wanting to join ‘Oh, the PLACES I’ve been for ages and I haven’t really been anywhere exciting so I thought I’d share with you the places I really have been lately. These pictures will show you why I have had very little time to read blogs or even think about blogging lately!!! I live on a large farm in Australia (7300 ac) which Mr FH and I run by ourselves. Seeding time is very busy so I am sharing with you some snaps from out and about on the farm. We have just finished planting 2300 ac of crop (canola, barley and wheat) and we run about 5000 sheep. I don’t do any tractor driving but I do help out with everything else. Over the years I have received a couple of serious injuries from working in the sheep yards and I find it very tiring doing farm work. My idea of a great day is dressing up and ‘doing lunch’ and a little bit of shopping, not working on the farm!! I hope you enjoy these photos!
IMG_0463
IMG_0368a
IMG_0370a
IMG_0371a
IMG_0376a
IMG_0378a
IMG_0457a
IMG_0430a
IMG_0397a
Can you see the vapour trail in this last photo?? We are on the main flight path to the eastern states and we always see these gorgeous features across our sky…wish I was up there at this moment!!
Suzy
I’m joining:
Oh, the PLACES I’ve been @ The Tablescaper

8 comments:

Elderberry-Rob said...

You live in a beautiful place - although I would miss my woodland it is interesting to see other landscapes.

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

Beautiful farm - I lived on a farm growing up and I know all about farm work - it's hard. love all the little lambs. I have been to your part of the world on business and I loved the county.

Schulz Family said...

visiting from show and tell friday. Gosh it looks dry there. Hope the seed got some moisture and has a good strike rate

Larry said...

Living in Wisconsin farm country and gardening surrounded by farms, I can well appreciate tour post today... Larry

NanaDiana said...

Love the places you've been- Your countryside is spectacular. I can remember as a child seeing those high planes leave those trails and was always fascinated by them. We had no airports anywhere near us- xo Diana

Fishtail Cottage said...

beautiful photo's! nice to see you link up to Fishtail Cottage's Garden party! hope you are having a great weekend! xoox, tracie

Natasha in Oz said...

Thanks for sharing this post at the Say G'day Saturday linky party. I am featuring it this weekend! Hope you can stop by, say g'day and link up again!

Best wishes,
Natasha in Oz
www.natashainoz.com

Unknown said...

Oh how beautiful! Living across the world from you - its so cool to see how different yet similar we are we all share the beautiful sky my favorite pic is the one with your furry helper :) Michelle