Monday, June 6, 2011

Strawberry Shortcake

I seem to be drawn towards gorgoeus red china lately.  I recently purchased these lovely salad plates which have the yummy name of strawberry shortcake. How mouth watering is that!!! I have set this weeks table out on the porch again. I am just loving this beautiful autumn weather we having over the last couple of weeks. The days are sunny with the most wonderful blue skies. Some nights we have been getting a bit of gentle rain - just what we need after the longest, hottest summer ever!!!!

























Simple white chargers top a pretty red and white toile cloth. Plain red napkins complete the setting.




































The polka dot cups are such fun. I have been looking for spotted dinnerware for ages and have recently found some - not in bright colours as I was expecting but it is in gorgeous autumn tones (I will share this with you later).

























I bought this cute red and white flatware for $15 a set. It is so gorgeous - I'm really loving it.

























I have had this white coffee set for ages but it looked perfect with the red and white china.


I used some pretty faux tulips and added some fresh greenery to the vase.


























I love how the colours are so clear and bright when the table is set out in the sunshine.

























I don't know why someone didn't think to mix and match china many years ago - it is so much fun and amazing how many different looks that can be achieved.

























 Cute handles!!

























Coffee anyone? I love the edge of this lovely white plate - just wish I had a complete dinner service!


Isn't that border on the salad plate just so cute??

























Lots of red happiness!

























Please sit down and join me...

























Suzy

                                              I'm joining TabletopTuesday@AStrollThruLife
                                                         TablescapeThursday@BetweenNapsonthePorch
                                                              TeatimeTuesday@LadyKatherine'sTeaPalor
                                                                TuesdayTeaForTwo@ThePlumedPen
                                                                   TeacupTuesday@Martha'sFavorite
                                                                TeaTimeTuesday@RoseChintzCottage
                                                                 TeaCupTuesday@ArtfulAffirmations

17 comments:

Unknown said...

What a stunning table! :) I love Red and White! :)

Have a great week!
~Liz

Snap said...

I love polka dots and red and white! Fun post. Happy Tea Day.

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

I just loved your tablescape! What a stunning red-white combo! Great shots!! Now, am your newest happy follower...hope you will follow me back:)
Have a great week!:)

Sanghamitra.

Terri said...

Your table setting is so fun, bright and cheery! I love how crisp and clean it all looks. The polka dots are so fun!
Thank you so much for sharing.
Hugs,
Terri

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Suzy,
What a pretty table! I love red and white too. I find mixing and matching makes for a very fun and interesting table; full of personality. Thank you for sharing this with Tea Time today and enjoy your nice weather.

Blessings,
Sandi

Anonymous said...

Hi Suzy, Your red mug enticed me here. I love red and love your pretty table, the salad plates are beyond sweetness!! I will follow you, so I can find you again :)
Happy fall, Jannet (from Denmark Europe)

Aledia said...

What a beautiful tablescape! I am loving the red and white and that flatware is adorable!!
Thanks for sharing and have a Plum Perfect week!
Aledia~

Wanda Lee said...

Hello there dear Suzy,

Such a refreshingly charming red and white tea table vignette.., So cheerful and pretty! Everything is just picture perfect and delightful as always!

Thanks for joining me for TTTT and also for my 86th 'Tuesday Tea For Two'; I always so enjoy having you join us as part of, 'Tuesday Tea Time In Blogland' and look forward to having you join us again!

Cheers and hugs from Wanda Lee

Jane said...

Yes the border on the salad plate is cute. And I extremely like the silverware. Where did you find them? Thank you for sharing. Everything perfect.

Jewel Sauls said...

Gorgeous Red and White table! I love the acrylic flatware and the scalloped white plate!

Heather @ My Red Apron said...

Adorable!

Gail said...

Refreshing
The flatware is neat
And you're so smart, with a few modifications, it can be converted to patriotic holiday decoration.

Gail said...

Forget my earlier faux pas re patriotic holidays - you're from that lovely country of Australia and I was thinking about American colors.
Mea culpa.
However, I still do really like your refreshing red/white tablescape.

Sweetladyelaine said...

I love the red & white...such a happy table! I do love the salad plate and flatware, very girlie! You did a great job on this table. Thank you for sharing.
Blessings My Friend,

Marigene said...

So bright and cheery!

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

I love the red and white!!! It looks so bright and cheery, perfect for right now! LOVE those cute salad plates! XO, Pinky

Marianne said...

What a gorgeous table. I just love the color red..it is just such a happy color.Love the red and white polka dot mugs!
Marianne :)