Thursday, April 7, 2011

Thrift store finds

Finally, I have scored a winner at the thrift store!! I admire all the wonderful finds other bloggers share from their trips to the trift store and I never seem to find anything much (sob, sob!) but this week I did. I walked in and right in front of me was this gorgeous soup tureen complete with a matching white plate underneath.


It was just perfect to add to my collection of white dinnerware.


I tried not to grab it with both hands and run... I just love it. I'm sure it has never been used.


I can just picture it now - full of yummy chowder on a cold winter's day.



I also came home with the oval platter. It is a Franco Giorgi by Quadrifoglio platter - just $5 what a bargain!


Just look at that gorgeous rim with fruit on it!


I set my $8 soup tureen and my $5 platter up on my little kitchen cupboard. I have them sitting on a beautiful rose teatowel I purchased from my sister's shop. (That cost more than my 2 pieces together!!). Thank goodness for family discount!

Suzy






10 comments:

Rosy Inspiration said...

Wow! Lucky you, soup tureens are just so hard to come by in thrift shops.

Pam Kessler said...

Great finds. Your soup tureen is very pretty. The all look great on your cupboard!

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

great buy! Don't you just love a bargin!

Decor To Adore said...

I absolutely love your treasures! Spring truly has sprung.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Marilyn said...

I'm like you and never seem to find the bargains, but the hunt is fun. ♥♫

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

What a pretty soup tureen- it's just lovely! Such great finds and great prices~ Thanks for sharing at FNF! :)

Unknown said...

Awesome finds! :)
Have a great weekend!

~Liz

clustres said...

I have been lucky enough to find some wonderful soup tureens at thrift stores. I know you will enjoy yours!

The Charm of Home said...

That is beautiful! It looks lovely with your other dishes! Thanks for linking up!
Sherry

Swiss Affordable Hotels said...

i cannot believe they are thrift store finds, they look so good and so original, great buy