Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Picnic at the farm

Well, hello friends... I am back from a fabulous little holiday with Mr FH, DNo 1 and her husband. We flew to Melbourne (about a 4 hr flight) on Thursday morning and had a super time - eating, drinking, walking, football games, theatre and lots of sightseeing. We flew back into Perth last night about midnight. I can't wait til we do it again...


I haven't downloaded any photos yet so I thought I would share a little picnic tablescape I did the other day when it was nice and sunny outside. I set it up near an old shed near our farmhouse.  I hope this will count as a tablescape without a table but I did have an old chair.









































Such a nice day outside -just that tiny bit of whispy cloud above.









































Isn't this old door just beautiful - wish I looked this good with all my wrinkles and imperfections!!









































I packed up this little old picnic hamper with a plaid rug, cup and plates in sunny red and a vintage thermos flask (yes, this was found in our old farm house!).








































Love these red accents to brighten things up a little.





























This old school chair was from the tiny primary school where I work - we have 12 students so everyone is like family there.









Yummy date and pumpkin slice with cream cheese frosting.







































Lovely striped water glasses and bottle match in really well with the plaid picnic rug.








































See how lovely and sunny it was - so nice after a cold winter. Our days are starting to warm up and get a little longer - spring is on it's way.






































An old stone step - just right for sitting on to enjoy the sun.



Suzy




I'm joining the following tea parties...












20 comments:

Lynn said...

Very pretty, I love the glasses and that plaid thermos!

Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings... said...

Soooo cute!
Glad your holiday was fun...
We'll be heading that way next month,
xoxo~Kathy @
Sweet Up-North Mornings...

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Good morning Suzy,
Your plaid and bright red and green make for a cozy pinic. I like the old door too and would love to sit on the old stone step with you. Thanks for sharing and joining me for tea today. Hope you have a wonderful day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Princesa Nadie said...

What a charming photographs!
Having a tea with you has been a pleasure
Love

Snap said...

I love this picnic tea. Love the polka dots and the bright colors. Thanks for inviting us to picnic with you!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh how fun. Your picnic display is just perfect and how neat beside an old barn. That is so clever and I love your pictures. Now I really want to be there. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Terri said...

The polka dot tea mugs are pretty. Very cheerful and colorful.
Lovely photos as well.
Hugs,
Terri

xinex said...

This is very pretty. Your photos are fabulous. The red pops and looks so pretty against the barn door. You picked the perfect plaid rug too.

Carolyn said...

That is a lovely farm house picnic!

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Your picnic looks inviting and the date with pumpkin cake sounds yummy.

KathyB. said...

The polka dots caught my eye. This looks like a very fine family tea and picnic time!

parTea lady said...

What a lovely picnic. The red & white china is so cheerful and your photos are great.

Entertaining Women said...

The photo of the chair with the glasses and bottle on it is worthy of enlarging and framing. Great shot! Love the thought of a picnic with polka dots. Thank you for sharing your charming design. Cherry Kay

Anita Diaz said...

I just love your picnic!! I was drawn in by the polka dots also, which I love! My husband and I are dying to go to Australia, to Sydney actually. We met Darlene Zschech at a Hillsong conference here, and would love to bring more of that worship style here to our area. I'm excited to find your blog and look around!!

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

Oh Suzie, this is SUCH a FUN picnic! Could I PLEASE have the recipe for that cake??? Dates and pumpkin are two of my FAVORITE thing!
Thank you for sharing,
Donna

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

I am trying to get a closer picture of the photo you have on the right of your blog named FAMILY ROOM that has all those beautiful rose patterns. I would LOVE to see the centered rose dish with the scallops CLOSER but when I click on it, it rejects it??? Is there a way I can peek at that beautiful setting and dish???
Thank you
Donna

Marigene said...

Cute picnic basket with the plaid thermos, throw and happy little polka dotted mugs.

Lori @ Dining Delight said...

Sometimes simple is the best! Just grabbing a few special pretty items in a picnic basket and heading for a sunny spot, especially in the spring makes for a memorable meal! Love the red/white mugs & plates - yummy looking cake too!

DD

Marlis said...

I love your photography. the sun on the chair and glasses is perfect. Love those glasses. It's all very charming.

Kate Dickerson, C'est si Bon! La Joie de Vivre! said...

I love it! Aren't picnics just the best? Your assemblage is so inviting. Thanks for the inspiration!