Sunday, August 8, 2010

Please call by for coffee!!!

Once again I have been working at my sister's gift/coffee/nursery shop! She has been away on a buying trip so I have been holding the fort - and doing the new displays. I can't wait to see the great giftware she has ordered. I was quite busy as I had 6 staff to organise as well as completely redo the displays and the cleaning and my mum was unwell so I was staying with her and helping her out. Buzy week but nothing compared to this week....I can't wait.... after I have worked at school on Monday and Tuesday and for my sister on Wednesday, Mr FH, DNo 1 and her husband and I are flying to Melbourne. It's a fabulous city on the other side of Australia with wonderful old building and interesting things. My daughter and I are going to see Mary Poppins at the theatre on Thursday night and the two males are going to see the football on Friday night as well as lots of eating, drinking and sightseeing! I hope to have some wonderful photos to share.
I quickly took some photos of some of the displays yesterday to share with you - I haven't finished getting it all together yet - lucky I still have Wednesday to finish off before she comes home.


 




I love this sunny yellow/red combination - if you look carefully  you can see a small milk jug and the spout off a teapot - surely that's enough to get me into Tuesday's tea parties...LOL



 


 
Sweet pink cupcakes are perfect - do you recognise the cloth from my tablescape last week?


 




I love this display with the orange and black - we didn't have much orange giftware so I spray painted some old glassware to place in the display - seems I have croppped them off this photo!!

 



Finally, I have a couple of coffee cups with cute teaspoons through their handles so I have made it - I have entry to the tea parties!!! 
I hope you have enjoyed my little bit of fun.


Suzy



6 comments:

Rachel said...

Great displays! It took a while to decide but I love the red and yellow one the best!
Thanks for sharing!
Rachel

Beeutiful by Design said...

These are great! I'm always looking for new ways to do displays. Jennifer

Marie said...

The displays look very pretty especially the pink and green with the book about cupcakes!
Stopping by from Tea Cup Tuesday.
-marie

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh how pretty. Every display is just gorgeous. So many pretty things and displayed beautifully. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

You've made your sister's shop wonderful; lots of colour!
Enjoy your trip.

Anonymous said...

I had to giggle when I saw your header! It looks like pink wrapped tampons in a dish! Thanks for the giggle!!