Saturday, May 15, 2010

THE TIMES ARE A CHANGING....


I have some exciting news to share with you.......



No, I am not off a romantic holiday to Paris with Mr FH (but I would love to visit Paris oneday...). Mr FH and I have bought a new house!! It is near the beach about 3 hours drive from the farm. We are not leaving the farm just yet (maybe in a few years) but decided we would try to spend part of the week at the farm house and part at our beach house.



The new house is very large and very modern - totally different to the farm house! As you can imagine most of my shabby chic decor will not fit in the new house so I have decided I'm going to decorate it in a French flavour - hence the Eiffel Tower cushions and wirework. This is going to be such a challenge to me as my usual colours are very much pink and green.

I'm hoping you will join me in my decorating journey which I will include here (along with photos from the farm house) and help me when I get stuck!! I have purchased the above cushions to go on my couch but unfortunately that will not be ready for about 6 weeks - I don't know how I can wait that long.

So, look out everyone - Paris here I come!

Suzy

Footnote: For everyone who asked about my pretty Plumbago post it's proper name is Plumbago Capensis - it is very hardy, frost and drought resistant - in fact you just can't kill it. It does tend to sucker up so it needs to be where there is plenty of room. If I can grow it, anyone can!!

2 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Congratulations. This sounds so exciting. I would love a house at the beach and a really big one. I can't wait to see it and what your plans are. Hugs, Marty

Alycia Nichols said...

Congratulations on the new beach house. By now you are probably well-settled. I really like your Eiffel Tower replica!